Friday, March 30

whipping out a boy's kind of craft: S.L.I.M.E

Generally my idea about arts & crafts is this:
coloring counts, right?
and they do these in school, I hope.
However, next week we are holding our first Arts + Crafts Day for the Momtourage.
15 kids doing all sorts of various projects.....
brilliant or what was I thinking?
we.shall.see. =)

Enter........Pinterest, of course!
Awhile back I had pinned this concoction for making slime and figured it was
The One for my craft station. Seemed simple enough, but I also figured I better try it with Graham and make sure it worked.
(it did. and super easy. who discovers these things?!)

Here's all you need:
  • 1 Part Elmers Clear School Glue (I used 1/3 c.)
  • 1 Part Liquid Starch (used a little less than 1/3. c.)
  • food color (2 drops worked for us)
Put the glue in a bowl, then add the starch & coloring.....and that's it! (add a little more glue if it's not getting gooey) Mix together, we used a spoon first until it got more gooey and then hands are good.
Contrary to what you might think, it actually wasn't messy at all!
The orginal post is here.
Of course Mister I-Don't-Like-To-Get-Messy took a few minutes of convincing to actually play with the stuff! 
 And then it was fun!

The more you play with it, the better the consistency. And by the way, the big bottle of liquid starch was at Walmart in the laundry aisle, for about 3 bucks.
So there's my craft experiment for the year. And I'd say it was pretty painless.
Maybe I might even go a little crazy and make some of this

No comments: