Monday, September 8

Blessings

This weekend brought a couple of things that were completely unexpected blessings!
>Hanna
Saturday we were a little nervous about Hanna coming our way since we haven't experienced a tropical storm or hurricane since we have moved here. Especially now that we live right by the shoreline, we weren't sure what to expect. But, when all was said and done, Hanna didn't hit our area hard at all. We had some strong winds & rain for a couple of hours on Saturday morning, but no damage and we didn't even lose power. So we were very thankful - the sun even came out by the late afternoon!

>Shopping
By Saturday afternoon we were feeling very cooped up in the house and were ready to get out for a bit. We figured it was a good mall day. We picked a good choice!
I found 2 maternity shirts for $6 each (since I am quickly growing out of all my regular clothes!).
Then, American Eagle had a special where if you try on a pair of jeans you got a free movie ticket! We kept looking for the hidden "catch", but it really ended up being as easy as trying them on, didn't even have to purchase. So we did and each got a free movie pass and now have a free date for next week! Thanks AE!!

>Baby Stuff
This week at 18 weeks I felt the baby move for the 1st time. That was definitely the very best part of being pregnant so far!!! Now I am feeling it move all the time and it is so special!
THURSDAY we go for the big ultrasound and will find out the gender!!! (we will post as soon as we know.)
Our friend Gloria sent us our very 1st baby outfit!! We loved it!
Maybe a subtle hint :), but my family will definitely appreciate it. thanks Glo!!

4 comments:

Katie Barker said...

You are looking very cute Kelly! I've seen the AE deal before but never did it, I don't know why. Guess I'll have to do it next time!! Glad to hear about your blessings. It's so good to be reminded about God's kindness to others. Can't wait to hear what you're having!

brokeontwizzlers said...

That's so special that you can now feel the baby moving. And I like your brown shirt.

Kristin said...

You look great! What a great deal shirts for $6. I'm so excited for you Thursday; it is so amazing seeing the baby and knowing the gender.

cranny + b said...

Oh! You have grown since I saw you last--I hope I look half as good as you do when I am pregnant!!!