I am beginning to understand why "older" people say that each decade gets better. Though by my next decade I may be seeing some wrinkles or gray hairs or a few extra pounds or whatever, I can definitely appreciate the wisdom that each year will bring. Being there, doing that, experiencing this, surviving that.
I am definitely most thankful for my God and Savior. This past 10 years has by far been the most learning time of my life in my spiritual journey. I am so thankful for the influences that God has brought into my life and the churches I have been a part of during this time.
But this surely was an eventful decade in my life and I thought I should definitely look back and remember what has transpired these past 10 years!
- was in college (northern WI)
- went to Brazil with college volleyball team
- met my [future] hubby and dated [briefly]
- worked at a summer camp for elementary kids. wow, that was an experience.
- won our Regional vball tournament and went to Redding, CA for Nationals. Great VB memories!
- graduated college - yay!
- spent a week in Hawaii with great friends for our friend's wedding. awesome!
- moved back to Minneapolis, MN
- my first "real" job - elementary music teacher & children's librarian
- also coached volleyball for a public high school - one of my fave jobs ever. :)
- Andrew & I again crossed paths. This was the beginning.................
- got married - June 2005.
- honeymoon in Puerto Vallerta, Mexico - the best week ever!
- packed up our moving truck and drove to Virginia Beach, VA where we would live the next 4 years.
- Andrew did his M.Div at Central Seminary during that time.
- lots of weekend trips to D.C. and OBX
- taught piano lessons during this 4 years and worked as an administrative assistant
- girlfriend get-a-way in Florida
- vacay - spent a week in NYC - very fun week!
- multiple visits to our families in MN & NC
- move to house by the beach
- Graham Owen born, Feb. 09.
- Andrew graduates from seminary!
- pack our moving truck and move to Pittsburgh, PA to help with a new start-up church.
- start the Pgh Momtourage - mom's group in the city. keeps me very busy!
- vacay - Niagara Falls - our first away weekend since Gman was born!
- now anticipating Eden Hope's arrival in February!
That's this decade in a nutshell. How much I look forward to the next 10 years and the fun it will be to see our expanding family take shape and see how God directs our path. So, so thankful for my 3 biggest blessings that have come to me during my 20's - namely my hubby, my son, and coming daughter.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17
*And be sure to stop back by on Wednesday for my annual birthday give-a-way!! :)