Sunday, April 18

A touch of spring & a little chaos........


We are in the serious mood for home projects. In fact, we were at Home Depot twice this weekend. So it's kind of sunk in that we are in the house to stay for a while, so we are on a rampage to make the most of it!! Just love seeing some new spring flowers!
So, right after we told our landlords that we were staying, [besides doing a happy dance] :) Dennis says to me, "You guys can go ahead and paint if you want to." EXCUSE ME, WHAT??????? We were actually going to ASK for that possibility and they came to us! So then I [sweetly] said, how about the borders, could they be taken down? "
Oh, sure."
*cue angels singing.*
So little cutie-patootie, you are not long for this world....................
In fact, this was the scene the very next day. :) My DH is very hard at work (bless him!) and let's just say our house is going to smell like Downy for a while!

So then, it turns out that our toilet has been leaking into the ceiling. So sometime this week, we will certainly be having a little construction in the house. Oh, the joys! So between using the bathroom in the basement (thank goodness we even have that option though!) and the computer on the 3rd floor, I think I'll be getting my exercise for the week!

And oh, yes, I have a little plan in mind to spruce up this entrance [pending landlord approval!]

4 comments:

Katie Barker said...

That's so great Kelly! Can't wait to see the new make over! I know you'll pick great colors :)

The Lesters said...

What a sweet landlord you have. Can't wait to see all the changes. I love decorating. It is a lot of work but so fun.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see more before & afters! Love the flowers!

juliechall said...

Funny...Rob and I are doing some spring cleaning and projects ourselves today - I'm pumped that you can have some freedom to change things - that will be so fun!