Friday, June 22

hanging out in Minni......

hittin' the road...
would you believe I have to beg Andrew to let me drive occasionally. (because that means he gets back-seat kiddo duty.) I only managed to squeak an hour out of him.
 But thankfully our drive was pretty uneventful and went very smoothly.
This girl did much better than I was expecting - thank you, Jesus.
The first leg was 10 hours to IL where we stayed with our friends, Tim & Christina, from college.
The kiddos were having so much fun they didn't want to leave!
But managed to leave a disaster in their wake of course. :)
 These kids grew up in NC together as well, so they go way back.
It was great to see them!
It has been a very busy week and a lot of wedding prep going on.
But we've been thankful to sneak in a few "fun's".
We met some friends for dinner at the Mall of America and were able to spend some time at the indoor amusement park there. Graham was loving it!

 He wasn't happy that "kids kept crashing into me".
I guess we failed to fully explain the concept of bumper cars.
 We are all staying at my Grandma's house...we are so thankful for her hospitality!
 This is our queen of waving.
 you guessed it.

 This contraption worked great for Graham.
And let's just say we *may* have all benefited from the bumpers. :)
 We are so, so bummed that neither my brother or his wife can be with us this weekend. But we are very happy that we get to hang out with their 3 kiddos - who are so great with G & E!
I took 4 kids to the park & store by myself - I like having a 9 yr. old. :) 

My other brother & his girlfriend live a block off of Lake Calhoun.
We had an amazing night at the beach with the MOST delicious chicken tacos and homemade chips & salsa.
All 5 kiddos + Grandma


This girl ate so much sand - seriously by the handful!
Loving our time here and being with the family.
The kids are getting tired as much as I am trying to guard naps & bedtimes.
Praying for grace for them thru friday night & Saturday.
We appreciate your continued prayers as well as for our 17 drive home on Sunday!

2 comments:

Kristin Blumer said...

Looks like y'all are having a blast!
now, come home, because I miss you :)

The Lesters said...

Looks like so much fun! Will be praying for the drive back.