Monday, February 16

you know you have a new baby when...

you have crazy, delirious moments like this!
/////////////////////
The other morning Andrew woke up to a patting sound around 4 or 5 am. He realized it was me patting something, so he nudged me and asked what I was doing. I said I'm burping Graham. (I also was buried deep under a mound of covers). So he's like, "what???" and starts franctically digging under the covers trying to find our son who I was probably suffocating. Well, then I woke up for real and wasn't sure what was going on.

our conversation...
Andrew kept saying "where's Graham?"
me: he's in his bed.
A: where's graham?
me: he's in his bed!
A: well why did you tell me you were burping him?
me: I don't know.
A: what were you doing?
me: I don't know.
A (still looking under the covers): are you sure he's not in here?
me: go look in his bed. I promise he's there.
A: why did you tell me he was in bed?
me: I'm delusional, I don't know. stop giving me the 3rd degree!!! I don't know, I'm asleep, I don't know what's going on. go look in his bed if you don't believe me.
A: what's the 3rd degree? what's going on?
me: if you don't settle down & let me go back to sleep, I'm going to....

so, anyways, Graham was safely in his bed and I hadn't suffocated him.
We had a good laugh about it in the morning!! He had his 2 week appt. this week and is now 10 lbs. 8 oz! He has outgrown newborn diapers & almost his newborn clothes!
He also rolls over about halfway already. He is so big & strong!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly-This story is HILARIOUS. I'm glad you can find humore in your currently sleepless lifestyle!

cranny + b said...

oh Kelly, I laughed so hard at this--I can just see it playing out--too funny!

Kristin said...

Cute post; funny the things we do when we're tired. Graham is so adorable.

Unknown said...

That is so funny!! He is so big!! How cute when he is trying to roll over!

Katie Barker said...

Ah- I love his cute little jeans :)

suzanne said...

That is so funny! What a hilarious story!

jeileenbaylor said...

oh my word - I am laughin out loud at 5 in the morning! haha! A similar thing happened when Maddyw was first born only it was tim. He sat straight up in bed, woke me up and said, "She is in here (holding open his pillow case) - I said, "who is in there?" He said,"Maddy - Maddy is in my pillow case" This went on for a while until we both realized that we were just so tired and didn't know what was going on :) hhaha! funny memories!

S said...

WE HAVE BEEN THERE TOO! Praise God for His grace and strength sometimes despite our tired state! WE had an experience like that where Stephen was looking for her under the covers, etc and I had to keep telling him she was in the bassinet. Thanks for sharing the funny story! BTW ditto on the comments about Graham- he's a cutie!n