Friday, February 10

our sweet baby girl turns one!

Could it be one year ago today, that I walked the 4 blocks to the hospital just to check out "some funny feelings"................not really believing I'd be holding Eden Hope by that night!
Though there were days when this year felt very long..............overall this year zipped right by. whew.
A few highlights from her first year:
She flew in her first airplane.
Saw the Atlantic ocean.
Drove through 10 States. 
Moved to a new home.
Learned to eat, crawl, & walk.
*
This girl loves my phone.
Can you see me over here doing my happy dance???
Well, that's because baby girl is weaned!
I never thought I would be one who nursed for a full year and was present for every.single.feeding!
But that's how the cards rolled for this one.
Part of me was very sad to be done, but the thought of being able to take a weekend getaway gets my happy feet going again. =)
This is a bad picture, but shows how snuggly she can be.
We love her hugs! My favorite is when I am squatting down and she comes up behind me, giggles and hugs my back. So sweet!
Oh that belly!
 
She goes down between 6:30-7 and wakes around 7:15.
Poor bunny is having a rough night. :)
The girl drama is already starting to come out.
If Graham bumps her, she bursts into tears and comes running to me. Oh brother!
Graham's new favorite game is hide-n-seek with her. We hide and (naturally) she comes looking for us. He thinks it's the best thing. :)
I love the times when they are playing together and they start doing belly laughs!
Most of the time she is our happy girl. Especially when we're around people - she turns on her charm. She does have her fussy times though.
2 top teeth, 2 bottom. And 2 more on the top are about to pop thru!


Climb, climb and climb some more.
Whatever she can find to climb on, there she goes!
She found if the footstool is pushed against the chair, she can climb into that.
Sweet victory. :)
Daddy..........of course. :)
She is starting to enjoy reading books more & more.
She's a good eater.
Her morning nap has been getting shorter, less than an hour at least this past week.
I am trying to get her to stretch her afternoon nap longer. She was going 2 hours and recently she's been going just over an hour. Which then means she wants/needs another nap around 4-5. I would like to get past the 3 naps a day!
But she was also sick this week and cutting teeth, so next week might be different. :)
When she touches something she's not supposed to, she immediately starts shaking her head NO. Not that this stops her from said action. But she definitely is learning. :)
Then there's this................
She still love, love, loves to play peekaboo.
I like getting to the one year mark! It will be so fun to see her learn & grow this year now that she can explore on her own. Can't wait for those warm days to get back to playing outside!
Her new favorite perch is looking out the window!
Oh Eden Hope,
You are a sweet girl and a gift to our home.
We love your giggles and cuddles.
We love seeing you learn so many new things at this stage.
We can't wait to see how more of your personality comes out this year.
We're also anxious to see some hair. =)
Happy First Birthday, baby girl!

1 comment:

Kimmay said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDEN!!!! :))