Thursday, January 20

ready or not...........

Well, at my dr's appt this week (35+weeks), my dr. calmly told me to get ready for a January baby. Excuse me?! I am pretty sure you just absolutely jinxed me by telling me that! I have to keep telling myself this little girl might not show until middle of February, but I also better have been my plans in place! So my nesting kicked into high gear and I got all the laundry done, the house cleaned, Graham's instructions all written out, a bag packed, lists made, Eden's room close to being done....another 27 reasons why she probably won't make an appearance, right? As my neighbor put it, she'll wait until something has exploded in your microwave and the fridge is leaking, and someone gets the stomach flu............so true. :)
But wow, I would be estatic for her to make an early arrival no doubt!
The last few days I've been feeling a lot of cramping around my belly. But since I didn't go into labor on my own with Graham, I don't necessarily know what to expect. :-/ I've been told this can go on for weeks.
But since I am 3.5 cm. dialated, the dr. told me I better not dally once labor truly hits!
So the boys disappeared into the basement yesterday and I eventually went down to see what they were up to. A last minute painting project for Eden.....
 Graham was loving it!
 A little peak at her room....this might not be her room for too long, so it's not super extensive. We are using the same bedding we had for Graham, but adding in some girly touches! Definitely not pink & purple, but I'm ok with that. :) Her name will probably be put on that wall when we get to it!

 Some oldies, but goodies! I have had this painting for a long time and the blanket has been in Andrew's family since he was little.
Oh yes, the one thing we absolutely still need is some room-darkening curtains! I am hoping to find them in red to bring a little more color! Hopefully I can get out to Target soon or else it will be blanket "curtains" first!

5 comments:

JordanandSue said...

I love the pics above her crib! So pretty :) I can't wait to see her! AND, I love how Graham is being such a good helper in those pics... adorable :) Hope you can get lots of rest these last few days!

juliechall said...

Wow - I hope your doc is right because mine totally jinxed me by saying that stuff :) The room looks great though, and I can't wait to see her!

the johnson crew said...

the room does look really good. - oh that is really exciting. i hope she comes a little early, but not too early. :)

Melody said...

So exciting! I know you can't wait to meet your baby girl. I always loved the last few days/weeks of anticipation. I'll definitely be thinking about you and praying for you.

cranny + b said...

oh my goodness! Can you believe Eden is almost here? I cannot! It went so fast-- for us, not for you, I'm sure;-) I had to laugh at your snow shoveling comment this morning--you are so cute.

good job on her room! Cannot wait to see her;-)