Friday, January 14

why didn't I think of this before?

After living in Pittsburgh for a year and a half, I knew a certain something HAD to be added - rain boots. I've dashed thru too many puddle-filled parking lots, tramped thru too many muddy pumpkin patches, and worried too many times whether my shoes would recover. So with some of my birthday money, I was able to hit a great sale and make my addition. What I DIDN'T expect - that they are also the perfect snow boots. I am pretty sure I have now worn them every single day since our most recent snow dumping and I love it! Now, granted, they aren't essentially warm, but they do keep my pants & feet dry and I know that all they take is a wipe of a cloth and they are as clean as new. So, I sure am thankful I finally made this (duh!) discovery! Now I just need some for the Gman. These ones are on his birthday wish list. :-)

6 comments:

the johnson crew said...

i have never thought of buying rain boots either. they are really cute kelly!

The Kouba Family: Wesley, Katie, Gentry, Creed, and Baby Girl said...

I've been looking for some too! Where did you strike your deal?

kellyH said...

mnine were from sears.com. they have lots of options! http://www.sears.com/shc/s/s_10153_12605_Shoes_Womens_Boots?filter=Style%7CRain+boots&viewItems=24&sortOption=PRICE_LOW_TO_HIGH

Katie Barker said...

Kelly - I have to say the same thing!! I saw a girl wearing them 2 days ago and I thought to my self "genius"! All we have right now in Boston, with all this snow is SLUSH! The boots keep my feet totally dry! Your's are really cute too. :)

juliechall said...

I love these! I have become a huge boot fan in the last couple years but hate how hard it is to find comfy ones. It seems these would do the trick!

cranny + b said...

love them! Steve got some for me for my birthday--they are army green-- LOVE them! And, they have already "saved the day" so many times here in rainy Portland!