Thursday, August 2

Disaster hits close to home

Last night I was sitting and watching TV, when they broke in with a special report. I thought -this is never good. And then to my shock told of the disaster in my beloved home city of Minneapolis. It is very weird when it hits this close to home. However, from what we've heard, no one we know was involved. My brothers were at the Twins game which is about a mile or less away. Thankfully I was able to get through to them before the cell phone circuit clogged and no one could get through. So thankful my family is safe, but certainly praying for those who weren't.


Here you can see the Metrodome (big white dome) which is where my brothers were,

and the bridge went across that span of water right there.


collapsed bridge there in the middle
mangled
terrifying to live through

No comments: