Tuesday, October 23

Some good news...


Some of you know that about a week after we purchased our new car, some serious problems showed up. I have now dubbed it our "demon-child"! It has been quite a battle with it and especially for Andrew who abosolutely has no time for car battles (which is the reason we go it in the first place, ironic :). But here is the good news, though it ended up needing several major things replaced, it never left us stranded on the road side. Also, as of Saturday, Andrew replaced the last part (catalytic converter) and the check engine light is finally off! Also, though we ended up putting a lot of money into it, we saved over a $1000 because of all the work Andrew did himself! So we are thankful for these blessings!


Our computer (our 2nd demon-child) decided to completely erase almost all of Andrew's 9 page paper the day before it was due. He had been saving it regularly and everything, but our computer has a mind of its own apparently and we could not recover it. His professor decided not to extend him grace at this time, so, it was a long night, without much sleep, but we praise God that he got it redone in time.


Here are a couple of new fun things. I love word art and have found this newest arrangement at...The Dollar Tree! Yes, I got the whole thing for $1.





These were my favorite flower when I went to Hawaii one summer. You never see them here and they are expensive to get. We were at the Williamsburg outlets and I found these and I was excited to find these unique flowers!



2 comments:

cranny + b said...

I heard about Andrew's paper!! How awful! I'm so glad that he was able to get it done. If that were Steve, I am sure I would have been crying the whole night!!! I think we should give "you know who" a hard time about the whole "grace philosphy" thing when it comes to issues like this!!! (just kidding;) Anywho. . .the Getty concert was wonderful. I would have preferred it minus the drums. . .I love to hear her voice and him playing the piano--which they did just that in chapel. I had a hard time hearing her voice over the drums that night;( But what great songs. . .I forgot my camera that evening;(

I hope that we will be neighbors!!!

cranny + b said...

what a long winded comment that was;)