Wednesday, October 29

no pain, no gain...?

I had mentioned some back pain last week.
And I had reported it was healed...
and then I woke up the next day...
not feeling so healed.
Now that I have finally been to my dr. I have found out that, as I was suspecting, this was not typical sore-back pregnancy pain. Graham had decided (very unwisely :) to camp out on my sciatic nerve. oh, boy...it was painful. I was hobbling around like an 80-year old lady. Actually, my grandma is 80 and she gets around much better than I was! It was painful to stand up, lay down, walk, move...turning over in bed was about beyond impossible...it was not good. I thought I was doomed to spend the next 3 months in agony. However, God very graciously intervened and caused Graham to move from wherever he was. I really am healed this time (I think!). Of course, there is the possibility that it could happen again. But after 5 days of that little episode, every day that I feel "normal" (as normal as pregnancy can feel) is so wonderful! I would almost do a little dance, but don't want to risk it happening again! Again, PRAISE GOD for being so gracious in allowing me to go back to functioning normally. We are going home to Minnesota in less than 3 weeks (so very excited!!), but I am especially praying that this doesn't affect me during the visit. Thank you to those who knew and were praying for me. God is good!

4 comments:

suzanne said...

I'm glad your feeling better! I wish my little gal would get her tiny hiney off my sciatic nerve! It seems to be her favorite spot. I did not have this problem with my son! Well, at least one of us mobile. I hope you stay that way, esp. on your trip!

Kristin said...

PTL!! Glad he moved; how painful! Doing Pelvic Tilts really help when they move in strange placed. Glad you are feeling better!

the johnson crew said...

go to a chiropractor...

i have issues with my siatic nerve... since i hit my tail tubing 8 years ago... i still have pain shooting down my leg at times.

oh, and my tail bone feels like it will NEVER be the same thanks to Malachi!

... anyways, looking forward to seeing you!

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Glad you are feeling better....by the way, no pain no gain is a great way to look at birthing your child...That is what I though of when I read your title...