Monday, April 12

Sometimes Weary....

Getting out of bed this morning was very difficult. I ALMOST went back to bed with Graham's morning nap! It's been one of those weeks where I am completely overwhelmed. Of course, the triplets are heavily on our mind as well as various other circumstances of life.


From the end of the earth, I call to you, when my heart is faint.
Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2

Saturday - Graham fell off a 3-foot playground platform and landed on his face. (He backed just out of my reach and off the stairs). I had deju-vu of Cole. However, he landed screaming, which was a good thing, I guess. Praise God for his protection. He has quite the war wound (oh how I am missing my camera!) on his face, but after 2 minutes, he was back up there. Whew. I kind of wish it would have given him a little fear. My first 3 gray hairs. And if he lives to adulthood, it will be a miracle at this point. I am seriously considering a helmet for him. Seriously.

Sunday - Andrew was home! Basically we gave each other a high-five and then spent 3 hours discussing paperwork. We have a task before us that is requiring immediate decisions & actions. Yes, we are purchasing our first home! (Don't recommend signing papers and then having your hubby leave town for a week.) Last week was really crazy. So this week we have to get our negotiations in as far as the inspection went (which raised a lot of red flags -boo). So just LOTS of decisions to make in a very short amount of time. Overwhelming!


Hear, Oh Lord, when I cry aloud. Be gracious to me, and answer me. You have said, Seek my face, My heart says to you, Your face, Lord, do I seek. Psalm 27:7-8

So this week, as I look at another crazy full-of-scribbles calendar, I must preach to my self daily...no, hourly...ok, minutely (that's a word, right?) that what I truly need to do today, is love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul, and mind. I must think on the blessings of salvation and God's gift of grace to me and his abundant blessings in my life. Or else I will be impatient with my son, short with my husband, and have a very unpleasing attitude. (All things I am pretty sure I managed to do this weekend. unfortunately.)

Joys of the weekend
Friendship - my dear friend, Cara was here this weekend. She encouraged my heart so much and I am so thankful for her friendship. I had to laugh as we were strolling our babies thru the park, that I couldn't have imagined this moment when we met 10 years ago!! What a gift to have a friend who will listen, talk, love, admonish, and sharpen you as iron.

Great find - My neighbor, Christi, had a yard sale and I was able to score seven 15x19 & 11x13 silver metal frames for $3! Can't wait to see what I can do with those!!

Dinner - were invited to dinner by a couple in our church, Paul & Cathy. What a joy they are to our family and we are just loving the times we get to spend together with them.

God is good.

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have it's full effect, that you may be perfect & complete, lacking nothing. James 1:2.

9 comments:

suzanne said...

Congratulations on purchasing your first home! How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures!

JordanandSue said...

That is so exciting for you guys! I'm sure it's hard NOT to have your mind racing 24/7!! Praying for you guys during this crazy time-

cranny + b said...

wow! how fun! can't wait to hear more about the house!

I am so sorry about G's fall......glad to hear that he is okay!!!!

love the frames find too ;-)

the johnson crew said...

so kelly, i cried this morning when i read your post... i have weary days too. - praying for you and the house thing and for your sweet triplets...

blessings

kellyH said...

thank you all so much for your encouragement! At this point, it looks like things may not be going thru with the house. But we completely rest in God's hand in that! Janelle, you too sweet to share in my burden so much!

AnneB said...

Thanks for sharing details of your week. I will surely keep you in mind as you work through these various situations. PTL Graham is okay...it is an indescribable feeling to see a fall happen...I often want to hover at the playground...but the Spirit is there with me and so faithfully reminds me not to be anxious. I think the helmet is an EXCELLENT idea:)

Unknown said...

Thankful for God' grace and encouragement - a week with no husband would be VERY hard!!!!! Thankful G is ok. Thanks for updating us!!! Love to read your blog! you're always so encouraging even when you feel discouraged :-)

Karis said...

I was meditating on the verse in Psalm 61 recently too and feeling weary. Thanks for sharing how God is holding you up.

I remember going through the ups and downs of purchasing a home with my sister and her husband. Can't imagine going through life without the underlying faith that God is in control!

The Lesters said...

We had a similar incident with Peter on the playground. He ended up breaking his foot. I guess these types of accidents are just normal in the life of boys. =) Glad he is ok.