Sunday, October 10

under Grace

I am been immersed in a world of toddlers. Last week, Monday-Thursday, between baby-sitting, library time, playdates, momtourage and church, I was around, cared for, played with, and supervised 33 kiddos under 3. Can I just say that I have never been at a point in my life when I am so greatly challenged? :) I think toddlerville might be my most stretching point yet. whew. I am working on embracing that this is the realm that God has me in right now, and asking for lots of grace each day.

I also currently have a new experience, for me, in teaching our church ladies Bible study. I wasn't sure about doing this, however, God has used it immensely in my life. Anyone that has taught anything, probably understands that the teacher always receives the most benefit from studying. Unlike some ladies who *may* be doing their homework the night before (been there!), I get to spend the 2 weeks between our meetings doing a lot of reading, studying, putting my lesson together. The result: much instruction into my life, for which I am very thankful. We are going thru the book Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free . It's very convicting. We've covered some great topics such as bondage (what am I allowing myself to be in bondage to?), discontentment (been there!), and this past week - "believing" the truth vs. actually living it out. In reading the book Crazy Love, this section really jumped out to me in correlation to our study.
“Believing” the Truth vs. Living the Truth
(from “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan)
Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Phil 4:4
This is also followed with the charge, “Do not be anxious for anything”. (v.6)
When I am consumed by my problems – stressed out about my life, my family, and my job – I actually convey the belief that I think my circumstances are more important than God’s command to always rejoice. I have a “right” to disobey God because of the magnitude of my responsibilities.
Worry implies that we don’t quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what’s happening in our lives.
Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control.

So, for me, as I embrace my current status as resident (mayor? nanny?!) of toddlerville, am I "believing" the Truth or am I living the Truth? This will be manifested only as I Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice!

No comments: