Tuesday, June 28

moved

we survived.

have you ever had one of those weeks where e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. went wrong?
of course you have.
That was our week in a nutshell.
Have to say, it was one of the most difficult weeks we've ever had. Towards the end of the week, we were really, really weary. thinking, what is going on? and what possibly could go wrong next.
_________________

God is in control. One day at a time. His mercies were new.
Great is His faithfulness.
_________________

don't let him fool you...he wasn't that helpful. =)
At the beginning of the week, we had 2 volunteers available to help. It wasn't looking good. So thankful that a lot of people ended up being there to help. Everyone worked so hard & long, we give big thanks to Matt, Micah, Titus, Ben, Micah, Todd, Kristin, Wes, Dan, James, Dave & Dennis.
Especially thankful to Wendy, for being at the new house with me & the kids. It was a huge help to have another pair of hands there! And she brought lunch for everyone. Also amazing.
And then our friends, the Lesters, dropped off Subway for us that night.
I don't know that I've ever thought about it too much, but if you hear someone if moving, providing some meals on that day is a huge blessing! I'm going to remember that. =)
Also a huge blessing was that we have friends that now live across the street from us and she watched G while the truck was being unloaded. Thanks Val! 

Andrew was in Director mode all day. :)
And now, we are just loving our new place! The home is a much, much better set-up for our family and I am really thankful for that. Most of all, we love our new backyard. Andrew & I looked at each other the first night and said at the same, "I feel like I can breathe." We didn't even realize how confined and closed in we were feeling. We love the breeze flowing through our house and seeing trees & grass out our windows! We have been seeing beautiful sunsets out our back windows. We are very thankful.
Graham is in outdoor heaven!
We can't wait for many backyard BBQ's with friends this summer! 
Kristin initiated our new guest area for a couple of days. (I think she gave it a thumbs up.) We were so thankful to have her here and I was able to get so much done that I wouldn't have been able to with the kiddos (mostly G!) running circles around me.
*
Every morning that breaks
There are mercies anew
Every breath that I take
Is your faithfulness proved
And at the end of each day
When my labors are through
I will sing of Your mercies anew
*
And Your mercies, they will never end
For ten thousand years they’ll remain
And when this world’s beauty has passed away
Your mercies will be unchanged
I will sing of Your mercies anew.
*
© 2001 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI).

1 comment:

Rob H said...

Congrats on the new place. I'm sorry it was such a hassle. Although I wonder if moving...especially with two small children...can be anything but :) I hope the unpacking goes quickly for you!
Julie