Tuesday, November 22

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Andrew's last work day for this week and then he is off for the next 5 days - yippee!
My parents, sister, and grandma arrive tomorrow for 4+ days - SO excited!
We have lots of fun plans including carriage rides downtown, Christmas parade on Saturday, hittin' the Strip District, dinner at a local favorite, I'm sure a rousing game of loaded questions, and who knows what else?! Sure to be fun!
And I'll be in the kitchen a lot over the next few days! I surely don't mind especially when I have someone to entertain the kiddos for me and volunteers to help with the dishes. :)
Here's some of what I'll be whipping up:
Salad with bacon & feta
THE dinner - turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potato souffle (something I picked up from the southern family I joined!),  sauteed green beans w/ onion, sourdough stuffing with sausage/apples/cranberries, & fruit
Monte Cristos (I have a super yummy Rachael Ray recipe but can't find it online) with pineapple slaw
Thankful that they are bringing some of the desserts with them which will be very helpful.

So I guess I better get crackin' on what can be made ahead!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, we surely are.

 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:15-17

No comments: