Wednesday, May 9

cross it off the Bucket List

Several weeks ago my friend Sarah posted about The Color Run and I loved it. I was sad to see the closest one was 1.5 hours away and didn't think it would fit into our schedule for this year. Fast forward a few weeks and I see my other friend Sarah (both of whose hubbys happened to be named Stephen!) posted asking for joiners for Color Me Rad, right here in Pittsburgh! So we immediately jumped in and signed up. I seriously can't wait. First of all, I used to love running, but since my first baby arrived 3+ years ago it has become very hit & miss.
But I am ready to get back to it for reals.
So there, now I've posted it for all the world to keep me going. =)
I have never run a race before and figured a 5k is a good place to start. And an awesome one at that.
I also need some serious motivation to put my running shoes on consistently!
So we're gathering a little team of church friends, mom friends, some new friends, and hopefully we'll also get to run together some throughout the summer!
So what is Color Me Rad?
How it works:  Start out as clean as a newborn babe, and throughout the run, you'll coat your chaffing thighs with blue, green, pink, purple, and yellow until your face, shirt, and body come out silkscreened like a tie-dyed hippy on the other side.  Each section of the run adds a new explosion of color to your clean, painter’s palate until you cross the finish line into a final blitzkrieg of color.
{I love how these people do not take themselves seriously at all. If you want some real laughs, read their FAQ's here.}
Well, basically while you are running a team of people pelt you with powdered paint (or to be more specific: non-toxic, non-rash-inducing, Kroger branded, colored corn-starch. Subsidized by the government and processed in the good ol’ US of A, these blasts of starch will change your color, and your demeanor, but never your level of wellness.)
Thus you end up looking like this.
Seriously, I love it.
I am also figuring that you'll be so disracted by being pelted that you won't even notice you're running. At least that's what I'm hoping for. :)
So if anyone else wants to join us on August 25th for an event unlike no other, let me know!

3 comments:

Sarah Kate Branine said...

I'm so glad that you're going to do this-- I'm sure you will have a BLAST! Can't wait to see pictures : )

Kelly Hughes said...

I know - I'm so glad you tipped me off that things exist! =)

jeileenbaylor said...

How fun! I wish I could do it with you :) I am recommending it to my sis Rachael who loves in Pitt. Have fun!