Tuesday, November 20

Giving Thanks

I was recently reading in a magazine something that reminded me that Thanksgiving was the one holiday that doesn't involve costumes or gifts or fireworks or candy hunts...
"we simply come together and give thanks."
I pray that this is what we will do as the holiday rush is upon us and we feel the compulsion to get our gift buying finished, arrange travel plans, put up the tree...
May we simply stop and Give Thanks.
I have many things to be thankful for this year...
1. My God and Savior Jesus Christ who has called me, redeemed me, and is continually working for my good and His glory in my life.
2. My husband, Andrew, who continually loves me when I am unloveable, sacrifices for my needs & wants, and continually encourages me to love Christ more.
3. Our families, who we have learned to cherish our time together more as time spent with them is very infrequent because of the miles between us.
4. Our health, though we have both had health struggles this year, God has provided to cover our medical expenses, and He is continually giving us grace to continue in our daily activities.
5. Our church family, who continually works as "iron sharpening iron" to grow us and give us continual encouragement.
6. Our jobs, we are so thankful to have jobs to meet our daily needs.
7. Cars that run! if you know us, enough said. :)
8. Andrew is more than halfway done with school and God has provided infinite grace to him and blessed him for the very long hours of study that he puts in.
9. God has provided for us in so many little ways for us, whether a financial need or a tangible want or a needed encouragement. We bless Him for the ways He continually shows His love to us.
I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word.
Psalm 138:2

1 comment:

Katie Barker said...

Kelly - thanks for reminding me of these blessings (many of wich we have in common). It is indeed good to give thanks to the Lord. Hope your Thanksgiving is as focused as when you wrote this.