Saturday, November 24

Oh the leftovers...

Mom Hughes sent us home with a million leftovers, which was great! So now I am trying to see how many ways I can disguise the turkey! A magazine I read had 22 ways to use the leftover turkey and they were very simple and look good. So I am going to share them now (though I have not tested them yet), while everyone still has turkey in the fridge, but if the recipes don't work, I will pass the blame :) They also did not have specific oven temps or cooking time, so you'll have to figure that out yourselves!

Day 1
Pizza
toss small turkey chunks with BBQ sauce and layer on a pizza crust along with carmelized onions & small apple slices. Top with provolone cheese.
this looks like it could be very good, I hope it is! I couldn't find shredded provolone, so I am using mozzarella. will probably bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes.

Day 2
Turkey Tostadas
Heat turkey with cooked rice and black beans. Use to top tostada shells along with lettuce, tomato, salsa, and sour cream.

Day 3
Shepherd's Pie
I am not a big fan of shepherd's pie, but I have a lot of mashed potatoes left over over as well, so we're going to have to eat it just for the sake of being economical!
This is my own recipe because it wasn't in the list and I'm kind of making it up as I go.
I will mix turkey, 1 cup of turkey gravy, & bag of frozen vegatables together and combine in pie plate, then top with a layer of mashed potatoes, put in 400 oven for 30 minutes (roughly!).

So...hopefully my turkey will be gone by this time, but we won't feel like we've eaten turkey dinner for 5 straight days. Happy leftover eating and feel free to share any good leftover meals you have!

No comments: